When considering going abroad for a medical procedure or treatment it is important to get clear answers and be confident about the destination country.
Some characteristics are essential to make a decision, such as:
- Internationally accredited facilities
- Medical providers reputation and awards
- The quality of the medical training in the country
- Language spoken and the ability to speak other languages
- How the Medical Tourism Facilitator takes care of the process
- Waiting times
- Total costs
When researching where to go for a certain procedure, patients often rely on the country’s overall safety and their ability to speak different languages. It is true that some countries and regions are well known for some medical procedures but it is also true that countries with a safe environment are great candidates for a safe recovery.
In a country like Portugal planning a treatment while enjoying leisure time is a natural association. There are state-of-the-art private medical facilities at affordable costs with high quality medical professionals. The country offers a variety of tourism options, from the most adventurous to the most relaxing in a welcoming weather all year round.
Some quick facts about Portugal:
- 30% of the population is fluent in English, 20% in French;
- Ranked number 8 out of 181 in KOF Index of Globalization;
- Ranked number 18 out of 162 in the Global Peace Index by the Institute for Economics & Peace;
- There are around 4 physicians per 1000 habitants;
- Best 2014 European Destination voted by USA Today readers;
- Voted best country to visit in 2013 and 2014 by Condé Nast Traveller;
- Top 10 Best value destinations for 2015 by Lonely Planet.
Medical Port acts as the gateway for Medical treatments in Portugal, making sure the entire process is quick, smooth and trouble-free. We work with the best private hospitals and offer medical care in the fields of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Assisted Reproductive Technology, Diagnosis & Check-Up, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, Hernias and Psychology.
Visit www.medicalport.org for more information.