According to a report from Henley & Partners, the global leaders in residence and citizenship planning, Portugal’s Golden Residence Permit Program is the world’s best residence-by-investment program in 2015.
This program allows foreign citizens to invest in Portugal and obtain a residence visa.
Among the 19 residency programs for foreigners analyzed by Henley & Partners, the Portuguese one is the one that offers more advantages to foreign investors. Portugal is followed by Austria (2nd place) and Belgium (3rd place).
The programs were ranked according to 10 indicators: Reputation, Quality of Life, Tax, Visa Free Access, Processing Time and Quality of Processing, Compliance, Investment Requirements, Total Costs, Time to Citizenship and Citizenship Requirements. Portugal ranked highest on “Total Cost” meaning the initial investment required is lower when compared to other programs. Portugal shared the top spot with other countries in the following indicators: “Tax”, “Visa Free Access”, and “Processing Time and Quality of Processing”. Meaning that foreigner investors have light tax burdens and the processing procedures are quick and efficient.
Some of the reasons to move to Portugal, according to Living in Portugal:
- Great climate with an average of 3300 hours of sunshine per year, one of the highest rates in Europe
- The satisfaction of 80% of the tourists who visit the country and want to come back
- The average housing prices in Portugal are very competitive compared to the main European cities
- Taxation is light on foreigner investors as Henley & Partners already highlighted in the report
- Portugal is ranked as the 17th safest country in the world among a list of 153 countries
Medical Port serves foreign residents’ healthcare needs through the For Health Card, a card that gives access to the top private healthcare providers in Portugal with discounts and specialized services. To learn more about the For Health Card please visit our website.